Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tuesdays Thinkings

Last night as I laid down to sleep my mind began racing. This is a regular occurrence that I do not appreciate because then I do not get enough sleep...last nights topic was Christmas decorations. Yes, you read right CHRISTMAS. I have four months till my favorite holiday. I allow myself to start listening to Christmas music in November and I possibly own almost every Christmas movie possible.

Me and A did the smart thing after we got married. We invested some of our money into an 80% off Christmas tree at Target. Although we will not have anything to decorate it other than buying a big box of boring ball ornaments...so here is my dilemma how to you decorate for your favorite holiday when you will have absolutely no money to spend on it. I see it as a necessity but A thinks its a luxury. So I came out with the solution of homemade ornaments. Not the ones you make it pre-k but more sophisticated ones of course. I was browsing around for some inspiration today and stumbled upon this beauty of a tree.


I love the felt and the buttons. So we will see how my tree turns out this year.

2 comments:

  1. Oh yay! Beccs... I will help you make ornaments :) That sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can still remember mine and Joe's first Christmas. We were in a little apartment and we got a small tree from Home Depot. I went to Pic n Sav (Big Lots) and bought a bunch of cheap ornaments. I especially remember these clear plastic icecicle type things. They were so cheap and still use them. You can find cheap stuff Becca. Start getting a few cheap things now and it won't affect your budget. The ABC catolog also has a lot of cheap ornaments.

    ReplyDelete