Thursday, July 22, 2010

When I grow up...

Now that I have graduated college and got my first "real" job I have been thinking a lot about the road I took to here.

Rewind 15 years...awkward, crooked teeth, bad hair, and blue eyed Becca was asked a question...what do you want to be when you grow up? I answered, "an actress." Now this is typical when we are young we want to be a singer, dancer, or actress because even at a young age we envy these people.

Now, I tried my hand at acting. I had an agent, head shots, and all that jazz. We would get a call for an audition about three hours before the audition and my dad would pick me up from school and we would make our way down to Los Angeles. I would get a script and have to memorize it with in 5 minutes, go inside an office, say those lines, walk out of the office, and then drive home. We did this process for about for about three years.

I got one little part in a made for Tv movie that I don't even know if it aired but I loved it.

I have always had an extreme fascination with movies, tv, and all things entertainment. I love the artist side of acting and the feeling you get when you watch an extremely good movie. I didn't want to be famous or rich (while those would be helpful things) but I wanted to entertain people...

While my passion for movies haven't changed, I don't think I will ever be that little 7 year old girl again with the dreams of being an actress. My dreams have changed and even though I am still figuring out what I want to be when I grow up I will always think what would have happened if I made it as an actress...

No comments:

Post a Comment