Monday, May 24, 2010

Finals Week

Every time I hear the phrase "Finals Week" I think of Alfred Hitchcock famous music in Psycho. You know the one I am taking about...the shrieking high noise when the girl is being stabbed in the shower. Well that week has come upon me for one last time...wait what? I am never going to have a "finals week" ever again...(keep breathing becca).

While yes, I am excited to never have finals week again...but at the same time I am going to miss that feeling of being awake at 2am with a soda in one hand, some gross but yummy unhealthy snack in my other, listening to music, and trying to stay awake till the morning just to get enough studying in. But more than just an excuse to eat horribly and drink deathly amounts of coke to stay awake, I think what scares me most is not knowing whats next.

I have been in school since pre-school and every year when school ended I had the luxury of knowing exactly what I will be doing the following fall. It dawned on me about two weeks ago when I was filling out about twenty applications that, 1) I have no idea what career I want to go into, 2) I need a job that will give me A LOT of money, benefits, and something that I will actually enjoy doing, and 3) I am one of a million other college graduates that are making their way into the "real world". So what makes me special?

This whole process has had me praying endlessly asking God to take care of me and Adam. The future is scary and so unclear but the thing that gets me excited is that God has a plan and I know He is going to use me to further His Kingdom in whatever job I do.

So as I start my last "final's week" ever I am thankful for the time I had at Biola, the friendships I made, the classes I took, and all those final's weeks when I thought I wasn't going to make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment