Thursday, May 27, 2010

Sisterhood of the traveling dress

In March of 2008 me and Adam went bowling for a friends birthday but little did I know I would be meeting my "sisters". I first met Rachel and Nikki while bowling. Rachel and I were on the same bowling team called "dumbledore" with our team nicknames being fatty and mine T-Rex we were destined to be friends.

After bowling I realized Nikki was in my intro to teaching class. We began sitting next to each other in class and developing a friendship. I started to hang out with Rachel and Nikki all the time and they introduced me to their friend Meggie.

After a couple of weeks we all became really good friends. Our connection was so quick and we all developed strong friendship with each other. Before we left for summer vacation we had the idea to do our own version of "sisterhood of the traveling pants." It started off as a joke but we went through with it and bought a dress. Now the dress didn't all fit us magically and I don't think any of us would fit in it now but we wrote out our timeline for who gets the dress when,the rules, and we even had a send off "ceremony" with the dress like they do in the movie.

Every year since then we have gotten together at the end of the year to talk about what we were thankful for, pray with each other, and share our goals for the summer or upcoming school year. I have always cherished my time with these girls and so thankful that we developed a "silly" tradition that has brought me so many good memories.

A couple nights ago we had our final "sisterhood" meeting. We sat on my balcony and thought about the last couple years. There was laughter and tears (mostly meggie). I have experienced so much with these girls. We were always there for each other. I am so sad we are all going to be in different states but we will always have our traveling dress!






1 comment:

  1. Hey there! Your kinda cute. Wanna put me on your blogroll?

    ReplyDelete