Thursday, October 7, 2010

5 years ago..

On October 7, 2005 I threw a surprise party for my sister. I invited all of her classmates and it just so happened that this really cute boy showed up. I saw this boy many many MANY times before around school since I was in 7th grade. I had talked to him before and kinda hung out in the same circles. But on this particular night this boy seemed different. It could have been the fact that I wanted out of the HORRIBLE relationship I was in with another guy or the fact that he was just SUPER cute and really there was no other boy in our school who I would have even considered dating. Whatever the feelings I was feeling that night I knew I wanted to hang out date this boy.

Over the course of the evening (which I must admit I threw a pretty good party) I made sure I was near this boy so he would notice me. I talked with him about the girl he was kinda dating and the other girl he had kinda broke up with but was still talking to everyday (ya, i know). I danced with him acting like "fun" Becca with a little bit of "cute" Becca so that I would ensure a phone call later in the weekend. After the party ended we stood outside and talked some more and things just really seemed to click between us. Then we hugged, said goodnight, and he went home.

On October 7, 2010 I woke up to that amazing boy man next to me. Five years ago we began building a relationship and now we are building a marriage. Even though he will always be that same boy that I danced with in my living room five years ago, he has now turned into a Godly, loving, kind-hearted man. He puts my relationship with God before our own relationship, leads me, touches my heart daily, and loves me unconditionally. I am thankful that God could turn our infatuation into love.

Then...

Now...

1 comment: